Music Tube - App Review - create playlists and mix sets on the fly with this simple free Android app


Cover artMusic Tube is a simple, easy to navigate and use, Android app which allows you to choose from, or search for, a vast number of music videos on YouTube. You can then listen to them, watch them, create your own playlists and more.

The evening I downloaded the app, I very quickly located YouTube videos for songs that I was in the mood for, but hadn't heard in a very long time. "Epitaph" by King Crimson, "Working Class Hero" by John Lennon and a dozen others. Some of the songs I wanted were not available by the artist I was looking for (Deleted), but I found most songs. Even the somewhat obscure ones.


I created a playlist, turned on my external Bluetooth speaker (if you don't have a
JamBox or another external speaker that you can stick anywhere...get one) and listened to my freshly created mix set. Only the songs I felt like listening to. Oh sure, you can do the same thing with your phone or iPod, but this you can do quickly, more easily and on the fly.

You can browse millions of songs broken down by genre or ; search by song, album or artist; create and manage multiple playlists; share on Facebook and Twitter and other features.

The only downside is that the YouTube videos are not being downloaded, so an internet connection is required. I recommend playing your music mix sets only when connected via WiFi.

While doing research about the app for this review, I discovered that there are a number of other apps which apparently do the same thing. Maybe even better. But for now, I'm having fun playing with this version of Music Tube, available in the Google Play Store for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment