Gymprovise workout app for Android keeps you on track - workout app review

Gymprovise Android Workout Program App Review

I go to the gym and workout at home. Primarily I work out at home when I'm too lazy to put on the proper attire to go to the gym. At home I have a treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical trainer and free weights. My routine is always pretty much the same at home. Thirty minutes of cardio and then pick up the hand weights and do stuff with them. Hey, shut up. It's better than most people do.

When I go to the gym, I improvise as well. I never really have a plan. It always starts with cardio on the stationary bike or elliptical trainer, then I pick machines that I'm in the mood for, and use them. I figure if I mix it up a bit, I'll cover all of the muscle groups. Smart? I don't know, but it's worked for me so far. Okay, except maybe in that belly area, but how many damned sit-ups do I  have to do?

Being a lover of apps, and having used MyFitnessPal to drop twenty pounds this go-around, I decided to add an Android app to my gym workout regimen to help make it an actual well-rounded program. Sort of like having a personal trainer in my pocket, without taking so much money out of it.

After a bit of research, I opted to download the paid version Gymprovise. It immediately looked like an excellent interface and since I didn't want to be at the gym using the free version only to discover that I don't have a feature I wanted to use, I bought the Pro Version. I mean, come on, its only three bucks.

Here's what I learned right after loading it: It was brutally easy to use and formatting my workouts (both home and gym) went smoothly. 

Without going into all of the exciting details of my specific workouts, let me tell you that Gymprovise fit very well into my life.

One of my favorite features at the gym is that it allows me to vary my workout (I'm easily bored) by choosing a
different exercise, while still focusing on the area or body part I was working on at that time. Also, if you're adding a new exercise that you haven't done before, you can view a video animation of the proper way to perform it.

I easily found all of the exercises that I already do (machines, free weights and home) and expanded my workout and reduced my boredom with this app.  Plus, just like the MyFitnessPal app, it sort of haunts you because you're aware that your phone is beckoning you from your pocket to push the button for the next workout.

I know there are many more features that I will learn and love, but so far it was a great investment. For three bucks you get a workout tracker, planner, exercise directory, weight tracker and more.

If you're looking for a workout companion that is user-friendly and a real motivator to help get you fit, then Gymprovise may just be what you're looking for.



        

No comments:

Post a Comment