Spotify app comes to U.S for iPhone and Android - but you can keep it

I saw an ad or comment somewhere that Spotify is finally available for Smartphones in the United States. Wow! Not only did I not know that it was even coming to the U.S., but I didn't even know what the hell it was.

Turns out that Spotify is being touted by many as the iTunes alternative that lets you listen to any streaming song or album at any time without having to buy the song like you do on iTunes. Bullshit.

First, you have to visit their web site and get invited to download the app, then once you go through their process you will discover that you are only allowed to listen to music on your desktop or laptop and that streaming music is not available unless you pay for the premium version.

If you want the premium version of Spotify, it's $9.99 per month. Oh sure, they're offering a free 7-day trial of premium, but after you sucked me in by leading me to believe that your streaming service (or at least some variation of it like Pandora or Slacker) was free, I'm not going to give you the opportunity to show me your stuff.

I'm heading to the gym now, and I know that Slacker, although not letting me listen to specific songs or albums, will provide me with a great selection of exactly the music I'm in the mood for. Oh yeah, and Spotify people, it's FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment