XfinityTV Android App Review - No longer worry about losing your remote

When I heard that Xfinity (Comcast) would soon be releasing an app giving you the ability to watch anything included with your Comcast/Xfinity cable TV account on your Smartphone, I kept checking the Android Market to see if it happened without my being aware. I was happy to see that there is an app for XfinityTV, but was disappointed that it was basically just a remote control with the option of setting your DVR (which I can already do with the Xfinity Mobile app). So, the only time that I think I'll ever need to use the app is on those occasions when I misplace my regular cable remote and I get tired of looking for it.
I did load the app, followed the instructions to name my three HD boxes for easier identification (living room, bedroom, daughter's room) and was happy to discover that the app works exactly as stated. You can scan the listings of channels on your account, scan OnDemand movies and shows, and order them to watch on any of your cable boxes. 
But, you'd think that since HBO offers subscribers the ability to watch movies and series on your phone with HBOGo (which works remarkably well on my HTC Thunderbolt 4G, that it would be a simple process to offer the same features on the entire cable account. But then again, what the hell do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment