Pumpkins vs. Monsters app - a nice game break from Stupid Zombies

I used to say that I wasn't really a game player, either on my computer or on my Droid. I considered both primarily productivity tools. Okay, I enjoyed an occasional game of Scrabble or some other word game, but wasn't really big on the race car driving, shoot 'em up, kill the aliens, find the secret world, popping balloon games.

However, as I continued to check out some of the games available for the Android and iPhone platforms I found myself getting hooked on a few of them (Stupid Zombies, YahtzMe, Words With Friends among others). 

When I ran across Pumpkins vs. Monsters in the Android Market, I had to scroll down through 15 reviewers before anyone gave it less than four out of five stars. That alone made it worth a download and look-see.

For me, one of the keys to any game is making it so that I can jump right in, start playing and figure out the intricacies later. Don't make me think or read lots of instructions.

I was throwing my pumpinks and killing me some monsters right out of the chute.

With each level getting just a little more difficult, it's the kind of game that, even after you're frustrated and shut the damn thing down, you'll find yourself coming back and trying to get past the level that's giving you difficulty.

I'm still a novice at Pumpkins vs. Monsters, but it really looks like they give you many, many levels to conquer and this game/app is totally free.

As it turns out, I'm starting to enjoy blowing up and killing creatures on my Android device. I'll give Pumpkins vs. Monsters 4.3922641 stars out of 5. It would have been a full five stars, but it took me a while to get my head around using pumpkins as weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment